So, whats causing your gut issues? It could be one or several things – and its totally individual and dependent on your history regarding illness, medications, diet and stress.
Here is a common list of irritants that we often see with clients:
- Processed foods, sugar, and unrefined carbs.
- Unknown food sensitivity (lots of bloating/ gas after food and drink?)
- Chronic antibiotic or NSAID / anti-inflammatory use
- Birth control pills
- Unmanaged stress
- Overloading the polyunsaturated fatty acids foods which can be highly inflammatory in an unhealthy system.
- Chronic infections.
- Following a low-fibre diet
- Too many high intensity workout sessions
- Poor sleep
- Lack of exercise
- Emotional Stress
To heal your gut, you want to remove anything that could be causing the problem, repair any damage that’s already been done to the gut lining, and reintroduce healthy bacteria.
Was this helpful? Are you struggling with you gut health? Would you like to know more?
Get in touch